Sunday 26 April 2015

NAG TIBBA TREK : 24/25th April’2015


In every walk with Nature one receives more than he seeks...Mountains fascinate me and they are the beginning and the end of all natural scenery.  I get lost in nature and discover myself. Mountains keep calling and I must be going.  Trekking in lower Himalayas is the right way to check your endurance and fitness. Nag Tibba Trek is one of the finest treks in the country and it is 11 kms one way. Last month I did this trek from Tewa. This time I decided to do from Aunter where the gradient is study and OK. Since the time I came back from my earlier trek, I was working on Asha (my wife) to do this trek though she complains of breath out effect after a little climb but I knew of her enormous will power. This time we were three ... Asha and Parul (Ela) were accompanying me and we called our trusted guide, Jai Prakash.  Starting at 9 AM and passing thru picturesque terrain of Deodar, Buransh, Cheer, Oak we reached Nag Devta temple by 4 PM filling our water bottles from mountain springs and taking regular resting.  We put our tent in the green meadows and immediately put our chulha in order.  Hot tea was followed by hot Tomato soup.  By 5.30 PM...We saw formation of black clouds thunder and lightning ... and Jai Prakash started talking of rain and hailstorm as weather in hills is always unpredictable. But I believe in no such thing as bed weather, it is only inappropriate readiness which is of concern. Light rains came over but our tent passed the test. Then we prepared our dinner and rested for the night. We left by 8 AM next day and arrived at Aunter by 12 noon. We are given this life because we are strong enough to live it.... so just keep travelling and do treks....















2 comments:

  1. Greetings from Bombay,
    enjoyed reading your travelogue.
    Me along with two friends of mine are planning to do the nag tibba trek.
    it's gonna be an organised one, though I have never participated in an organised trek ever..I have trekked in the Sahayadri ranges and this is gonna be my first tryst with a snow clad mountain.
    I hope I can do it without a lot of trouble. Nice to see your better half too enjoying treks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great insight, with due respect, however, a quick mention of Sir Charles Farrington's grave at Oak grove is a must.

    vedn80@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete